Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Intro Time

Hello world!

My name is Susan, and I am a preschool teacher and novice children's literature author embarking on an exciting summer challenge that will (hopefully) help me develop both professionally and personally. I am passionate about the power of children's literature, and I am very excited to begin my journey to read 300 children's books over the next month!

The challenge is inspired by my work with Ms. Julie Danielson, who has assigned 300 picture books to her summer class. While I will be focusing on picture books, though, I do hope to include a few middle grade and young adult novels. I just want to get immersed in all the literature that's floating around out there and enjoy leisure reading in a way I did not always appreciate as a child.

This blog will follow my summer of reading, from book 1 to 300! My plan is to do no repeats of the staples I know and love. I will be looking at classics that I have overlooked in the past as well as some new titles that I am excited to get my hands on. I will likely not be posting about each individual book or each individual day, but I will try to stay up-to-date on the books that are influencing me most as a teacher and author.

Would love recommendations/ comments/ responses, and am hoping this extends far beyond these next 30 days!

Happy reading to all!

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment